Zuleikasword

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dear College of Teachers,

Please find attached my Portfolio in Word Press and a short video documenting my profession and interests.

I am responding to your advertisement in the Sydney Morning Herald.

There are many reasons why I think I would be of value in your school.

According to the professional teaching standards I fulfill all 7 aspects of the key areas.

I have a deeply imbedded knowledge of the subject content. I have completed the ED 4236 Planning Pedagogy and Assessment subject and have been teaching since 1986 in Europe and here in Australia at both primary and secondary levels. I have an excellent overview of the NSW curriculum requirements and I have satisfying knowledge of ICT skills.

My knowledge of and respect for the diverse social, cultural ethnic and religious backgrounds of students and the effects of these factors on learning were enriched by my further studies on Aboriginal culture. I have worked for many years as a therapist in a home for people with physically and mentally disabled children and teenagers here in Sydney and also in Germany.

My communication and classroom management skills were enhanced by the study of the different learning theorists such as Glasser , Gardner and Hattie.

My classes are created in an environment of respect and rapport with and for the students. I assure the safety of students and am trained as a manager of OH&S.

I like to work with my colleages together in a spirit of continuous growth with constructive feedback. I always enjoy stimulating professional development opportunities for refining my teaching practice, and have been actively engaged myself in the field of teacher training for many years now.

Communication with parents and caregivers is an important issue and I strongly believe in good home–school links and open communication with parents. My professional habitus over the years has become smooth and professional with integrity.

The performances I have directed with the students have provided excellent public relations for the school and contributed to the wider community well-being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home